Thursday, August 12, 2010

Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There

I feel like the shittiest person on the whole entire planet right now. I know this guy named Chris, at one point in my life, almost 4 years ago, he was someone I told all of my secrets too, my heartbreaks, my dreams, my hopes and goals for the future. This kid knew me inside and out. Oh and did I mention I was hopelessly in love with him? He was like a brother to me, our parents were best friends and we were over at their house all the time, I used to fall asleep leaning on him, on our favorite spot on the couch. I used to sit in his room and listen to music and complain about stupid things. We used to sit at the edge of the airport where our dads worked and just tell each other everything, but that was a while ago. Things changed in the past few years, he had family problems, started taking up drinking and drugs and met slutty girls... we just didnt have as much in common anymore. Throughout everything though, we remained pretty close friends. I no longer considered him my brother, or my obsessive crush... but we had once been friends on a deep level and if he needed me, I would still be there for him.



So he called me earlier this week and I didnt think much of it, just ignored the calls... I was at a party, or busy with friends. Whatever the reason, I didnt answer the phone. Then tonight my mom came home and told me that his mom had sent him to rehab in Utah. Its a high-lockdown intense rehab where he will be for atleast 6 months. He is allowed no contact with the outside world, other than emails from three designated people, my mom, his mom, and his aunt. So for the next 6 months, I will be unable to speak to him, and the only thing I can keep thinking is, I know this is good for him... but I wish I had picked up the phone and had a chance to say goodbye. I am going to miss him soo much and I wish I would have realized that before he left. 



So Chris, when you get back... I hope you are more like the guy that I first fell in love with, because I miss him more than I could have ever imagined. This will be good for you. Stay safe and in high spirits. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment