Sunday, August 29, 2010

Its All Love, My Stupid Love

I've been stressing out a lot lately about my life. It's hard when everyone moves away for college and I'm still stuck here... but here's the thing. Even while typing that sentence, I dont wish that I had left, I just wish that everything didnt have to change. I wouldn't mind going back and reliving some of high school over... isn't it funny how we only appreciate things when looking back at them? I HATED high school when it was happening, but now, I would love to go back to the expected days, journalism, getting out at the same time, only being 10 minutes away, living life as a teenager... a kid, I sure didnt appreciate that fact that after high school, we go into The Real World. Yes, I put that in capital letters on purpose. I feel like because I am only going to a JC that I am forced to grow up more quickly than someone else. I won't be at my dorm partying, meeting new people, living on my own. Instead I will be here, getting a job, actually... two jobs, going to class, helping around the house, and living by my parents rules. It really is the worst of both worlds. I just hope that my life is still fun after all of this... I'm not worried about not having friends, or not having enough to fill my time with... I can always get more work, but what if my life is never as fun as it was when I was in Ashrey?



“Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared, denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world. Head on, guns blazing. De Nile. It's not just a river in Egypt, it's a freakin' ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment